The 2021 Strategy
2021 has started with a BANG and market has continued to rise from 2020 and into the new year.
For 2021, TUBInvesting Blog will be focus on my portfolio and companies within it.
Since the pandemic, I had changed the way I invest. Basically, I step out of my comfort zone and change the way I invest.
The strategy that I engaged in is shown below. In general, I will invest in a group of Dividend SG Companies that will bring about a stability in my portfolio, while I invest in Growth Companies and Cash-like feature companies in the US.
I deem it as dual engine because:
- I expect US Companies to be volatile but on a long term uptrend.
- SG Companies to provide stability.
- Nevertheless, if SG companies also started to be on a uptrend, then the overall portfolio will rise much faster.
- However, depending on your appetite, you can take a higher risk by allocating more to US companies, or lower risk by allocating more to SG companies. I prefer a 30 (SG) to 70 (US) allocation.
- This assume that I deem SG Companies as lower risk than US companies. This is because I dealt with more SG Companies than US companies throughout the last 10+ years I invested and I know them better.
- 2 Retail REITs
- Stable Food Producer that I held for some time.
- Singtel that I mention at the end of 2020.
- Wireless Connectivity Product Manufacturer
- Service Company in the construction sector (Event Driven)
- Supermarket with a Short-term thesis
- 3 Cash-like feature companies – GAM which is part of FAANG+MT.
- DIS which I went out and in again.